7.20.2009

Here we go...

Welcome to Through Space to Mars. This blog is a visual, textual, and possibly auditory record of my internship and stay in Seattle from July 25th to August 14th.

A little bit of background about myself: my name is Spencer Charles, I currently live in Salt Lake City, UT, and am attending the University of Utah as a Senior Graphic Design major. This whole hair-brained scheme arose from a desire to find somewhere unique and out of state to participate in an internship. The place I happened on and ultimately decided on was Greenwood Space Travel Supply Co. They are a part of the McSweeney's umbrella/universe, and I have long been a fan of their publications and writing. Their love for writing seems to blend over into the realm of design, which is awesome.

So, check in every day or so, I'll be posting pictures, writing, and stories here pretty soon. I'm leaving this Friday at midnight, and will be going to Seattle via Greyhound. The only reason I won't have any crazy stories is because I'll be dead and unable to tell them.

I leave you with this story, Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment