7.29.2009

Are You Mocking Me, Life?

Wow.

It was 103 degrees today. Combined with crazy humidity, this was THE hottest day ever recorded in Seattle's history. Oh the irony...

It started pretty bad earlier this week. The first day I went in, I spent brainstorming ideas for how to organize the Map of the Universe that I'm working on. By the end of the day, I think I was losing my mind. I thought what I needed to do was some sort of complicated 3D imaging, so I logged onto second life and starting building orbital prims.

It wasn't until later that night that I realized how useless that was.

The next day, I was feeling much better, but by the time noon rolled around, I couldn't take it being in the office anymore. As many of you may or may not know, Seattle isn't usually accustomed to this type of heat (last summer, there wasn't a single day that broke into the 90's), so there are virtually no buildings with air conditioners. However, there was a city library just a few blocks up the street, so I hiked up there at 1pm, and was able to get a surprising amount of planning done. I've posted pictures of them with my last upload on Picasa. There's a boatload of other images in that folder, but I'm far too lazy to organize them.

After work, I thought it would be a good idea to hike down to Lake Washington. This was not a good idea (I don't have many, if you haven't discovered already), because I ended up walking for about 2 1/2 hours all told, and never found a public beach front.

Today, I got to work rather early (8:30, the office usually doesn't open till 10) and was able to get a large chunk of work done on the map of the solar system. This is only one part in what will be many many different parts that will all fold up into what will essentially be a 50's inspired road map of the universe.

After work today, I thought it would be a good idea (again) to go down to Lake Washington with Nicole's Uncle Bob without any shoes on. I now have enormous blisters on the bottoms of my feet.

So, that's about it. Having a BLAST in this wonderful, COOL, GREEN Seattle weather (no one waters their lawns??).

On the plus side, Seattle is completely overrun with enormous blackberry bushes. They are like weeds here. It's amazing. I'll take pictures once they've ripened (they're all still a bit green).

No comments:

Post a Comment