8.04.2009

Real Change

I'm bad at this.

To be fair, my day-to-day life for the last week hasn't been very noteworthy. For the most part, I've been working away in front of a computer for 8-10 hours a day, designing a Map of the Universe (which apparently has quite a bit of information). I took a short break on Sunday, and was able to do some shopping. The only thing I was able to find was a pair of corduroy jeans for 10 dollars, which were basically new. It was a pretty good deal. Afterwards, I sat around and watched two movies on Netflix. This was on Sunday, the last day of Seafair, and apparently the last time they're having the hydroplane races on Lake Washington. I could have seen that, but instead, I stayed inside and watched movies. Luckily, Seafair is not worth it. Apparently there's just way too many people that go to it.

So, it's just been sitting in front of a computer. It's amazing how I can travel so far, be in such a beautiful place, and yet still all of my time in front of a computer.

Here's a few pictures of what I've been working on:


Here's roadside attractions.

This is a little header thing for the Solar System side.


This is part of what the cover will look like for the whole thing.


A detail of the map of the galaxy.


A fake ad for a preexisting GSTSC product (I still designed the ad though).

One last story. There's this guy that sit's out in front of the Safeway that I go to to get groceries. Everytime I walk past him, he asks, "Real Change?" At first, I thought he was just a panhandler who preferred the quality stuff. But after I noticed that he'd been in the same location for the last three days, I asked the managers at Safeway if they allowed panhandlers to sit out in front. To which they replied he wasn't a panhandler, but was selling a newspaper called "Real Change". Kind of an unfortunate name for a newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment